With present high inflation and low business environment, everybody is talking or thinking about their likely retirement picture.
- You may have assumed average inflation to be 8%, while actual inflation can be and is actually higher than the assumed rate.
- Working with an average rate of return on equity component.
- Visualizing a non-volatile & rather linear debt fund returns.
- Assuming that the PPF and LTCG (Equity) will be tax free forever.
- Ignoring tax on annuity/pension.
- Pre-eminence of real estate in the total portfolio; and
- Zero tolerance to present lifestyle